Annual Halloween message to all

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Remo D

Annual Halloween message to all

Post by Remo D »

I always like to take time out this time of year and send you my best regards and wishes for the future. I usually choose the same words, but I always mean them--

May the movies you watch be good.

(Easier said than done? Who said they had to be new?)

May your projects pan out.

(Most assuredly. Plan it, write it, shoot it or sell it--whatever you do with it, I'd love to hear about it.)

May you enjoy the company you're in.

(And I don't mean the corporation you may happen to work for. Friends, family, and yes, the net community. Enjoy agreeing, enjoy disagreeing, do it all!)

May you have good health.

(Of both the mental and physical variety.)

And may you never lose sight of the fun of it all.

(No matter who would rather it be otherwise. And no matter what happens in real life--there's always been a place for the imagination and there always will be.)

Happy Halloween to you and yours!

Remo D.

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Yeah, Happy Halloween to all. As for steerting clear of the bad films, check out http://stigmatapress.com as we review the ultra obscure crap. Here's for everyone watching a certain John Carpenter film tonight.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Well, happy Halloween to all! Looks like I'm not getting any trick or treaters tonight, but no worries b/c I finally scored some packages of Bottle Caps which I've been wanting for a long time (they're pretty scarce here in the A-T-L for some reason) so screw the kids, they're mine, all mine!

I had every intention of coming home and chillin' with a movie or two, but I finally figured out my newsgroup server, and then learned how to actually download files as well, so it sounds like it's more OTR for me tonight instead! Image

------------------
"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" (Dosteovsky's Grand Inquisitor.)
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

Happy Halloween from myself as well. Hope you guys celebrate it, in the spirit it's meant to be taken. I'll be spending it here, www.masochisticreligion.f2s.com They always put on an interesting Halloween show, to say the least.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

Bottle Caps are abundant down here, even more so after they got discontinued. You can get them for 15c a pop, no pun intended.. Image

Allan.

------------------
"Smoosh the fishy on the bready boardie!" - Swedish Chef
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

We didn't get a single kid. Not one! I was disappointed. I thought Anthrax scares and pussy parents were keeping the kids in this year, but it turns out that they just didn't come to our neighborhood. It's like it's some kind of unspoken local rule. Like we're cannibal killers or something.

and while we're on the topic of projects panning out, I'll drop a little science on this. Someone around here has done TV in the past. I can't remember who it was, some kind of horror movie host show. Actually, wasn't it you, Remo? Anyway, a friend of mine and I have been planning this avant video show. A media collage. We're going to shoot low grade video of us doing incredibly weird shit (one planned scene involves me, on the beach, windy day lamenting, crying and reaching to the heavens all the while worshipping a slab of frozen steak -- yeah, Drugs were involved in it's conception). We'll intercut the scenes with Byrne Act video clips, Japanese monster stuff, euro-horror, as well as BMX clips from a local BMX park and Kaiju Big Battle has agreed to let us shoot their fights for footage also. We're also working on getting Mindless Self Indulgence to permiot us to use their music in the show... looks like it'll happen.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I got a good deal of kids coming by but also some vandalism. I had a bunch of illuminated plastic Frankenstein monster heads along one side of the walkway (about 50 feet) leading up to my door. Some jackass went and pulled the whole string out and up the road for about a block. Most of the heads got smashed and there was broken glass from the lightbulbs everywhere. Not too fun to clean up this morning. Damn kids!

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Originally posted by Latte Thunder:

and while we're on the topic of projects panning out, I'll drop a little science on this. Someone around here has done TV in the past. I can't remember who it was, some kind of horror movie host show. Actually, wasn't it you, Remo?
Not sure about Remo but I did a hosted horror movie show in rural Alaska (it actually got picked up by the Rural Alaska Television Network [RATNET] for several years a while back. Pretty damned fun. Best of luck on your project, it shoulds like a hoot! I've sent you the e-mail address of a publicist for Metal Blade records if yer interested in using any extreme metal like Cannibal Corse of Six Feet Under. Perhaps he'll hook you up! If not no big loss
Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

Latte - sounds reminiscent of a show I found off of Shawn's site called Video Psychotherapy. I'd love to see more shit like that on air (even though I won't get it down here, no doubt. Image ) But being involved in making shorts and such myself, how are you going to secure the rights for the clips?

Allan.

------------------
"Smoosh the fishy on the bready boardie!" - Swedish Chef
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

Thanks Chris, I really appreciate that.

Munch: We're pushing our luck with this project. The planned format is to go on a local cable access channel, late at night for the drug crowd (we'll be flyering at Raves and such) so we're already planning on a small, tiny audience. I'll be clipping stuff from my video collection of tapes I *think* are protected under the Byrne act, nothing that I know is copywritten here in the states. I'll be tapping into my overseas obscurities and just hope no one sees it that will blow the whistle. If we do get in some kind of trouble, then I'll deal with it. If not, good for us. I've emailed some other show producers who've done something similar to what we've done, one show in particular used licensed music and clips from Big Money movies. He explained to me that since they're so small time and have such a tiny audience that no one really pursues the issue, though Fox did contact him to have him remove some clips of X Files episodes he was using.

We're really not planning on making any kind of money off of this, and in all likelihood we'll be paying out the nose to get these things done. It's more or less just for something to do and to have some fun with a video camera.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I never had a problem with copyright issues and I showed all kinds of flicks ranging from "The Beyond" to Godzilla flicks. Like you I had small numbers of people viewing.
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

I say go for it, Latte. It might even lead to a leased access show, or large scale syndication. You never know.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

By all means, go for it! REMO D.'S MANOR OF MAYHEM is in the editing stages, as we've already shot all thirteen episodes. Like you, we're working on an assumed "public domain/unlicensed" deal with our movies (starting with the Naschy classic ASSIGNMENT TERROR), and expect nothing more than a "cease and desist" request, if anything at all.

We expect to be on the air within a month, and we also plan to use tapes of the show to hype the concept to local stations...

Best of luck!

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!