Gamera?

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
I am 138

Gamera?

Post by I am 138 »

I was lookin' through the rest of the page and stumbled on pics for the 2nd new(er)Gamera movie. Did that ever get an official US release? I know Gamera: The Invincible (???) did. I've never seen the second one around, though. I heard that on the 3rd one, Gamera got nasty towards people. I loved the first of the series...and actually really enjoy the original Gameras as well...

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

To the best of my knowledge only the first new Gamera flick was released here. You can get Gamera 2 subbed on decent quality HK VCD from yesasia.com for like 10 bucks. I rented Gamera 3 from a Japanese video store in Bellevue WA, great stuff even though I don't speak the language and it wasn't subbed. He kills a LOT of people in 3 Image

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Just to clarify, GAMMERA THE INVINCIBLE is the American version of the VERY first Gamera movie (not the new 90s series)--the first Kaneko film came out here as GAMERA, GUARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE. There have not, as yet, been U.S. releases of ATTACK OF THE LEGION or THE REVENGE OF IRIS--as for that one, it's not so much that Gamera "turns mean," but that he's reverted to animal instinct and simply pays no attention to the innocent bystanders as he attacks his foes.

And yes, it's great stuff.

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Sorry about the Gamera title confusion. I only have dubs of most of the flying turtle titles.

Chris, thanks man, I ordered it, and also nabbed a Bullet in the Head DVD on sale. They had all the Raped by an Angel DVDs cheap, too, if anyone cares. I thought these were sequels to Naked Killer, but I couldn't tell by the plot synopsis, and when I found 5 of 'em, I decided I wasn't about to spend $50 on shit I'd never seen and had no idea how good it was.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]