The Evil Within....never laughed so hard

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
howlermonkee

The Evil Within....never laughed so hard

Post by howlermonkee »

Who's seen this movie?? I just got through watching it for like the fourth time this week since Sunday. I'll admit it, I was thinking, "This chick is hot man!!" Then she opened her mouth and I was thinking "Touch Down!!!!!"

Oh yeah, where the parisite or whatever the hell that thing was was talking to her about grabbing that guy by the balls from insider her, I wish that had happened. That would have been a cool bit of film history.

I would rank this movie as being a pretty decent forgein film and if you like forgein horror films, watch it.

I do have just one question though, What the hell is the plot?? I don't get it at all
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

The uncut version, Baby Blood, is pretty cool, but I hate the dubbing on The Evil Within.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

What exactly is cut out of this movie? I have the US version at 88 minutes and the only other one I've seen (keep in mind I haven't looked, either) was also 88 minutes, except that it had the original title and language and was widescreen.

I really enjoyed the version I've got anyway, although probably not enough to fork over the cash to get a longer version.

------------------
Forget ALL unhappiness and pressure. Let us X'mas first!!!!!! Thanks God's leading in whole year!!!!! -eBay seller
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Oh, BABY BLOOD!

Yeah, its been too long. I loved this one when I first saw it 6 or 7 years ago. I'll have to drag out my old LP dub of it, if I can find it...
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I honestly can't say what was cut, as I only saw half of The Evil Within, but maybe the only plus to the foreign version is the French language track. I was told the US distributors cut it. As an interesting aside, Baxter, the lead dog from the Boivin film has a cameo.

------------------

ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

Baxter the dog fucking rocks! Not many people have seen that film. Makes for an interesting viewing experience, as does Baby Blood. Didn't know it was even released in the U.S. A French Canadian company called Malofilm released it up here. It's an okay film. Interesting creature at the end. What we saw of it. There's not much of a plot. Chick get's raped by some weird thingy. The resulting fetus, begins talking to her in an english accent and demands to be fed....blood! AHAH HAHHAAAA. Cheeese,but enjoyable. Love how people look right at the camera, when she's walking on the street.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Did you see Barjo? I don't know if Boivine did anything else, but those two movies rule.

------------------

ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

I didn't see Barjo. Heard he did some French drama/crime film,afterwards. But I can't remember the name of it. Try the internet movie database. Should be listed there.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
gothbat

Post by gothbat »

I loved this movie. Me and my friend were renting movies, he wanted this one and I thought it would suck but we got it anyway and boy was I wrong. I loved making fun "the gap" (hehe), I think we did that through the whole movie, plus the movie was pretty cool too.
/\../\

"Come on, let's pay our fuckin' respects!" - Suicide (Return of the Living Dead)
bruce h

Post by bruce h »

I have a ltbx uncut dupe with english subs (australian in origin?) and the french language Japanese tape on Horn and the US Apix tape is definitely screwy - scenes are shuffled around, some violent scenes are simply blacked out and others are cut entirely. i like the english dubbing -- Gary Oldman reportedly voiced the fetus -- but don't just the film by it's US rendition
----------------------
[b][SIZE="3"][url=http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/]Cinema Arcana[/url][/SIZE][/b]
[i]Knee-Deep in Cinemuck![/i]
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Well, it must be a helluva movie uncut then, because I thoroughly enjoyed the version I have (A-Pix).
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Sounds like the Aussie version to me, Bruce, released on a small art-house label some years ago.

------------------
"Genitals are useful for their purpose but are no substitute for brains." - Professor Stephen W. Hawking.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

My print was released by Curzon, if that helps anyone.

------------------

Wankinstein

Post by Wankinstein »

It was Curzon who released the aussie version.