holy flirking shnit!!

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
howlermonkee

holy flirking shnit!!

Post by howlermonkee »

I finaly saw Dead Alive last night...Damn thing nearly made me vomit!! A large portion was that I havn't seen a good gore flick like that in a long time. I liked it though. The gore and cheeze were just an exelent combination. I especialy liked the zombie kid.

Oh yeah, was I the only one to notice the nazi swastica on the doctor that he bought the tranquilazer from?
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

The Dr. was a Nazi war criminal...ie the "are you from the immigration?" and the droolin' sadism. Dead Alive rules. I hope it gets released here uncut. I know the uncut version is cut for time, but I'd still like to see all the other shit.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

Dude, cut me some slack, I had the volume turned down to keep from waking up my parents.
There's an uncut version?? Oh that's stud
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I wasn't mockin' you, just tryin' to expand your awareness. THe US version runs 97 min, the uncut, in US frames per second, runs about 101. Part of Jackson's negotiations were that the film be released uncut, so he presumably cut the film for time (like he did with Heavenly Creatures). Beware the R-rated version, which has NOTHING left in it.

------------------

howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

So is the uncut version on DVD only or is it on VHS too?
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

To the best of my knowledge the UNCUT version (titled "Braindead") has never been released in the US. I have a great dupe I made from a Japanese laser rented from Scarecrow. The only bits missing from the US "unrated" version (Dead Alive) are (to the best of my knowledge) a comment about necrophilia in the graveyard when the thugs are messing with Lionel, a couple lines of dialog between the uncle and the leading lady at mom's funeral, and a brief bit with the nurse and the priest zombie impaled on a pipe and fucking during the party scene. There may have been another line of two in the scene with the vet but I can't recall for sure.

If you find it on DVD make sure it's called Braindead, as all "Dead Alive" prints are for the US market and are missing a little.

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

This is Where the Braindead version is: www.directvideo.com Click on the imports section.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

There's a bit of extra "party" tidbits. Like a severed hand gives the two fingered salute as it enters a blender, and Voids legs do some stuff.

------------------

Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

Howlermonkee, I have to ask, how did it nearly make you vomit? It was so overly fake.. Image Though I remember the first time I caught it (god bless Australia, we get the uncut print.. we just got cut everything else..) I remember having to stop it 3/4s of the way, cause I had trouble breathing I was laughing that hard..

Allan.

------------------
"Smoosh the fishy on the bready boardie!" - Swedish Chef
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

Munch, the tapioca pudding scene never fails to churn my stomach... that is just so wrong in so many ways.

laughter did ensue in copious quantities, however.

"I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD!!"
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

I got sick with laughter man. When I laugh really hard, I vomit(or come close to it)

the tapioca pudding part. yeah, that was a little stomach churning. Ok, it was nasty.
Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

Maybe I've just got a stomach made out of cast iron steel. Image

Allan.

------------------
"Smoosh the fishy on the bready boardie!" - Swedish Chef
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

That pudding bit got to my sister, too.

------------------

Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

I recall vast quantities of people bailing on this one when it debuted in cinemas down this way, those years ago. Didn't understand it myself but hey, I guess that's just people.

So, I wonder what's instore for Jacko post-LORD OF THE RINGS...

Will he own Hollywood? Will New Line own him? Will he go back to his splatter roots? Will he see his KING KONG to fruitition? What about his dream project, BLUBBERHEAD? Could it finally be a possibility?

I guess we won't know for at least another 2 years...
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

words can't describe hw excited I am for Lord of the Rings. 50,000,000 movie critics can't be wrong and they're singing praises of the return of good movies. Even the fucking Watchtower, which usually labels every movie a pagan orgy of indulgence, had BIG words to say about it. From the looks of it, Jackson is going to own Lucas.

I have a feeling after Lord, Hollywood will let him do whatever he feels like doing.
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

I find myself fastly developing a raging boner for RINGS (!) due to all the recent good word of mouth. Mind you, I still haven't read a clear and concise review but rather inane adulatory fanboy gushings but I spose that'll change in due time.

Initially, my only attraction was PJ's involvement, having never read the books and having an aversion to wizards and elves and shit. But things are definitely looking up and I'll seek reliable word here when it no doubt gets its own topic.

One thing's for sure, no end-of-year-round-up will be complete until this baby hits the screens.
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

I've been pretty anti-mainstream cinema in the past,couple years. It's been mostly pretty bad. But I also have high hopes for Rings. I think this time it's justified.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

So, I wonder what's instore for Jacko post-LORD OF THE RINGS...
this just came off of Ain't It Cool News and it thrills me to no end.
Now, before you think that this is Peter's Spielberging out trip, you haven't heard it all. My spy has heard that while it is a World War 1 story, that is just a starting off point. Apparently, this is Peter's stab at making the largest scale ZOMBIE film ever. At least that's the rumor. A Zombie film of size and scale. Something straight out of the mind of a boy that got his FRONTLINE COMBATs screwed up with his TALES FROM THE CRYPTs in a Famous Monster noggin. Is this true? Is there any collaborative evidence?
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

I've been dying for a good zombie film (again) lately and if true, this is good news indeed. Although I hope he takes it more seriously than he did with DeadAlive.

------------------
Forget ALL unhappiness and pressure. Let us X'mas first!!!!!! Thanks God's leading in whole year!!!!! -eBay seller
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

It would be very, very cool if Jackson did his next one like a horror movie and not overloaded with gross-out comedy. I could really appreciate a movie that is comparable to Dawn of the Dead in scope.