is this a rip-off of alien or what??

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
howlermonkee

is this a rip-off of alien or what??

Post by howlermonkee »

Ok, I'm against dumbass sci-fi's as the next guy, but you have to love Xtro 2: The Second Encounter. I mean, dude, it is such a rip-off of alien that it's hilarous to watch Alien and then Xtro2, and then compare the two.

If you havn't watched either Alien or Xtro2, try to find someone who has Xtro2 because it's not worth the $2.02 to shell out, if you can't, don't worry about it. Alien is a cool movie in and of itself
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Doesn't that have Tom Hanks' brother? Or was that #3?

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

Yeah, 3 is the one with Tom Hanks' brother. I can't find that one aywhere though. I wish Blockbuster hadn't gone out of business around here. Movie Gallery just sucks ass. They got rid of Bad Taste!!! I couldn't believe that shit
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I wish Blockbuster hadn't gone out of business around here
Never thought I'd see the day that someone would ever say this Image

Xtro2 was obviously "influenced" by Alien... but about the same time Alien was released, it would seem that every hack in Italy was making some kind of "tribute" to Alien.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Originally posted by Latte Thunder:
Xtro2 was obviously "influenced" by Alien... but about the same time Alien was released, it would seem that every hack in Italy was making some kind of "tribute" to Alien.
Let's not forget the countless Italian rip-offs of JAWS and DAWN OF THE DEAD we were also subject to (as well as a few EXORCIST clones). But it seems that the zombie films were obviously more prolific. It reminds me of a quote I read somewhere (can't remember where off the top of my head) where a filmmaker once stated: "In Italy they don't ask you what your film is like, they ask you what film your film is like." Makes sense if you ask me Image

Speaking of XTRO, I actually got around to seeing the first one for the first time a few weeks back. Pretty interesting and bizarre, but funny as hell. The scene where the tank was chasing the guy around the apartment had me roaring. Not to mention the scene where the mean old lady is killed by a toy soldier. Great stuff!

Howlermonkee, you mean that a Blockbuster actually went out of business in your area? Geez it's usually BB who drives the mom-and-pop stores out of business, so I can't imagine the competition overpowering them. But I guess there has to be a first time for everything Image BTW, where are you from?
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

I'm from a small town in Arkansas. Does that explain everything?? Image lol, yeah I guess BB got tired of jacking off in small town AR, so they just packed up their flicks and left. Pissed me off too.

About that whole "influence" from alien. No, it's just a straight up knock-off dude. Any body with eyes and a brain could see that. Just for the record, I'm not being pissy Image I really was surprised though to hear such an in depth "critique" if you will, about Xtro2. LOL, and I thought that I had nothing better to do than to come here Image Nah, horror movies are sweet dude
howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

By the way, how does one become a "Rouge" here anyway? Could somone email me and tell me? In the subject, put "what's up howler" so I'll know it's not a virus or something. yeah, I'm a little paranoid

[This message has been edited by howlermonkee (edited 12-19-2001).]