Jason x

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Derek

Jason x

Post by Derek »

so does this come out soon or what??
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I think it comes out this weekend. I didn't think it was all that bad. It's definitely worth the price of a matinee!

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Mortado's Page of Filth

Gravemusic.com
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

It actually comes out next week on April 26. Judging from the trailer, it looks like a movie that could me "mindless fun". I've seen all the other movies, so I will most likely see this one as well just to take in the chance to see Jason on the big screen again (especially given the fact there doesn't seem to be much decent horror on the horizon). The only complaint I could possibly have is this entry only proves that Jason has moved WAY too far from his origins. IMO he was much scarier when he was wearing nothing but a canvas bag and coveralls Image

Having said that... I was wondering if anyone else plans to see this? The entire F13 series is sort of a guilty pleasure to me, so I naturally want to see this one. Sure they are dumb, but I think each film has its own merits. In terms of horror, I felt that the first four were the best in the series. After the atrocious and unrelated Part 5 (which was still good for some unintentional laughs), the series seemed to turn into parodies of itself. But I'm not saying that's a bad thing. This approach actually made me enjoy Parts 6,7, and 8 that much more. But I felt things got a little more serious with JASON GOES TO HELL (which I thought was great fun). However when it comes to horror the first four really stand out (although I personally liked Part 2 a little better than the first one).

I should also add that I think this series gets too much undue shit as being the worst ever (which it isn't). But I think thats mainly due to the fanboy idiots who idolize Jason like a god and proclaim the F13 films as the best horror series ever. Just my two cents...

[This message has been edited by Darth Tanner (edited 04-15-2002).]
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I saw it already but will see it in the theater (matinee) so New Line can have some of my money Image

------------------

Mortado's Page of Filth

Gravemusic.com
Derek

Post by Derek »

i'm gonna agree with everything you said on that. part 2 is by far my favorite as it has some of the coolest deaths and it's just the most entertaining to me. i found 6 to be kinda cool too. but 5 and on they went down to the shitter.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I'll just start out by saying that I thought the Fridays were cool when I was 12, but my tastes mutated when I discovered a video store down the street from my house that rented some weird ones (the movies I would later grow to love and learn were from Italy, originally). So after 14 years, I grew out of the American dreck...

But Jason X is really something to behold. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I got the VCD simply because I was curious. I couldn't believe that they'd set the movie in space let alone take it out of the Crystal Lake setting. Needless to say I was really pleased with how it turned out... it looks like the gang who produced it just stopped caring about going for the easy dollar.

I don't know if I'd pay to see this one in a theater, though. It was cheap thrills.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Rich

Post by Rich »

I say, Bring on the cheap thrills!!!!! I'll definitely be checking this one out in the ol'theater just because its such an old franchise and the masked man has always had a place in my heart. The one liners sound like their so bad they're good.