Joe Christ

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Jon

Joe Christ

Post by Jon »

Has anyone seen any of the films by, or know anything about a filmmaker called Joe Christ?
I remember seeing ads for his short films in the early issues of Film Threat (and also perhaps Psychotronic Video), but never found reviews of his work or an interview with the guy himself. I think some of the titles were I THANK GOD MY THOUGHTS ARE PURE and COMMUNION IN ROOM 101 and they appear to belong to the trangressive cinema movement along with the works by Nick Zedd & Richard Kern. I remember hearing of a few instances of people sending in the cash to order the tapes but never receiving them so I was always a little skeptical as to whether they really existed.
"When Cliff Richard wrote 'Wired For Sound', there's no way he was sitting on a clean lavatory" - Rik Mayall, The Young Ones.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

Ugh... Joe Christ. I'm having a hard time finding the words for my disgust with Joe Christ so I'll put it in simple terms.

Joe Christ sucks.

Everything he's ever done is shit. He screened some of his stuff up here at a coffee house years ago and no one showed up except for myself and a few people who were already in the place drinking coffee. In a later newsletter email he talked it up that the police came and shut the show down because of the depravity on screen. Bullshit. He ran a movie called 'Snuff? You Decide' and before he ran it he talked a bit about the special effects (lipstick for blood... I couldn't believe it) and how the people who edited the movie refused to work on it because they were convinced that it was real snuff.

The guy is a total carnie. He's better at hyping his own short movies than he is making them. Rich Kern and Nick Zedd have more talent in one testicle than Joe has... and that's not saying much.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

But does Joe Christ have testacles? That's the question...

Agreed wholeheartedly, LT. JC SUCKS. He lives here in Atlanta now, and I'm praying to Jesus for the day that he finds a reason to leave.
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

For reasons unknown to me, I once recieved e-mail from Joe Christ, asking me if I was interested in some sort of foot-fetish video he made?

Takes all kinds, I guess.......