Blade 2!!! Muthafucking FUCKING FUCK!!!!!

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
shawn

Blade 2!!! Muthafucking FUCKING FUCK!!!!!

Post by shawn »

I saw the face of GOD at a sneek preview of BLADE 2 last night! I'm so fucking excited about how cool this fucking movie is I can barley fucking type... Let me just say, if ANYONE tells you this movie sucks, then without a doubt, they have some serious issues with their sexuality, PERIOD! I'll write a more detailed review after I calm down... Love-shawn

[This message has been edited by shawn (edited 03-22-2002).]
Check out my MOVIE: Black Devi Doll

[url]http://www.blackdevildoll.com[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/blackdevildolldvd[/url]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I'll be seeing it this weekend. I wasn't expecting too much (I never do) but now you have me pretty hyped!

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com.
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

SPOILERS

I just came back from this film. Jesus christ!,It's better than I expected it to be.ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!! This will move Guilermo Del Toro into the big time.For better or worse.It doesn't have the CGI gore finale of the first,but there's plenty of gruesome shit. A new genetically created breed of vampire,with a retractable lower mandible, (for more effective, and messy blood extraction,)is stalking downtown Prague Czech Republic,killing off vampires and converting them into these new super vamps.The vamp nation gets so nervous,they call a truce with Blade, and enlist him to fight against this new breed. The surprise is these new vamps were created by the king vampire to ascend the vampire nation into the next plane of evolution. Predictable,
yeah,as are a few other plot points like a sidekick betraying Blade,(and yeah,I actually saw that coming)but it works.

It leads to a shit load of evicerations, constant vamp bashings and Matrix style martial arts done better.Dialoge between the Blade's pal Whistler who survived the original and an asshole vamp is pretty funny. I say it's very good, and worth seeing.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

EASY GUYS!!! DON'T SHIT YOURSELVES!!!! Image

I'm looking forward to seeing this myself as I missed the first Blade on the big screen. I think I should go to the Imax though for better viewing quality. Yeah, I'll do that. I CAN'T WAIT!! AHHH I'm like a dude getting a piece of ass for the first time!!
shawn

Post by shawn »

Blade 2 is one of those RARE occasions when a sequel blows the original away...And B2 makes the first one look like a Power Rangers episode (not that I've ever seen the Power Rangers Image ) I can't remember a Horror-Action film being better than this. I haven't had that much fun at a movie theatre since I saw Aliens years ago... This is everything Genre Fans have been waiting for and much much much more. Every scene more violent and action packed than the next, just when you think things can't get any cooler, they do! Just when you think it can't get any gorier, it does! The violence is MEAN and NASTY. Just how we like it, and it NEVER lets up! I'm not kidding you people, it NEVER lets up! Its just amazing. There is so much violence and action going on it would fill 3 average movies. I'll probably be seeing this one at least 3 times in the theatre just so I can take it all in. Goddamn this movie was so good it seems like a fucking dream, somebody pinch me... Whatever you had planned this weekend, FUCK IT! Just go see this one.

Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Shawn: just two questions.

1. Did you like the movie?

2. If you had seen this before RESIDENT EVIL, would your reaction to RE have been muted at all?

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
shawn

Post by shawn »

Ha! Remo, you always crack me up... Yes I loved the movie. If Blade 2 was female, and at least 18 I'd fuck her rough, hard and sloppy... Image

As for your second question. Resident Evil is a complete piece of shit and a waste of celluloid compared to B2. You can't compare them... I guess you proved your point on that one...

Guilermo Del Toro has breathed some much needed FRESH air into our stale-ass Genre. Blade 2 has set a new standard in Horror-action films...Please Please Please go see this flick and tell everyone you know to see it too. We have to send a message to Hollywood that they finally did something right! Goddamn I feel like a fucking dorky Trekie at a The Wrath of Khan screening or something!

Oh yea, one cool thing that happened at the Blade Screening... They showed a trailer for the new Star Wars flick and there was absolutely NO reaction from the crowd. Then B2 starts and after the first kick-ass action scene someone yelled out "Fuck Star Wars!"... the theatre was filled with laughs and applause!!! Great moment. Fuck Star Wars, B2 is a real movie!

shawn

Post by shawn »

I usually could give two-fucks what Roger Ebert thinks but he has seen the light:

Spoilers ahead...

BLADE II / ***1/2 (R)

BY ROGER EBERT

"Blade II" is a really rather brilliant vomitorium of viscera, a comic book with dreams of becoming a textbook for mad surgeons. There are shots here of the insides of vampires that make your average autopsy look like a slow afternoon at Supercuts. The movie has been directed by Guillermo del Toro, whose work is dominated by two obsessions: War between implacable ancient enemies, and sickening things that bite you and aren't even designed to let go.

The movie is an improvement on "Blade" (1998), which was pretty good. Once again it stars Wesley Snipes as the Marvel Comics hero who is half-man, half-vampire. He was raised from childhood by Whistler (Kris Kristofferson), a vampire hunter who kept Blade's vampirism in check, and trained him to fight the Nosferatus. Time has passed, Whistler has been captured by vampires and floats unconscious in a storage tank while his blood is harvested, and Blade prowls the streets in his lonely war.

One night acrobatic creatures with glowing red eyes invade Blade's space and engage in a violent battle that turns out to be entirely gratuitous, because after they remove their masks to reveal themselves as vampires--a ferocious warrior and a foxy babe--they only want to deliver a message: "You have been our worst enemy. But now there is something else on the streets worse than you!" This reminded me of the night in O'Rourke's when McHugh asked this guy why he carried a gun and the guy said he lived in a dangerous neighborhood and McHugh said it would be safer if he moved.

The Vampire Nation is under attack by a new breed of vampires named Reapers, who drink the blood of both humans and vampires, and are insatiable. Blade, who is both human and vampire, is like a balanced meal. If the Reapers are not destroyed, both races will die. This news is conveyed by a vampire leader whose brain can be dimly seen through a light blue translucent plastic shell, more evidence of the design influence of the original iMac.

Blade and Whistler (now rescued from the tank and revived with a "retro-virus injection") join the vampires in this war, which is not without risk, because of course if the Reapers are destroyed, the vampires will turn on them. There is a story line, however quickly sketched, to support the passages of pure action, including computer-aided fight scenes of astonishing pacing and agility. Snipes once again plays Blade not as a confident superhero, but as a once-confused kid who has been raised to be good at his work and uncertain about his identity. He is attracted to the vampire Nyssa (Leonor Varela), but we sense a relationship between a creature of the night and Blade, known as the Daywalker, is sooner or later going to result in arguments over their work schedules.

The Reapers are the masterpieces of this movie. They all have what looks like a scar down the center of their chins. The first time we see one, it belongs to a donor who has turned up at a blood bank in Prague. This is not the kind of blood bank you want to get your next transfusion from. It has a bug zapper hanging from the wall, and an old drunk who says you can even bring in cups of blood from outside and they'll buy them.

The chin scar, it turns out, is not a scar but a cleft. These Reapers are nasty. They have mouths that unfold into tripartite jaws. Remember the claws on the steam shovels in those prize games at the carnival, where you manipulated the wheels and tried to pick up valuable prizes? Now put them on a vampire and make them big and bloody, with fangs and mucus and viscous black saliva. And then imagine a tongue coiled inside with an eating and sucking mechanism on the end of it that looks like the organ evolution forgot--the sort of thing diseased livers have nightmares about. Later they slice open a Reaper's chest cavity and Blade and Whistler look inside.

Blade: The heart is surrounded in bone!

Whistler: Good luck getting a stake through it!

Del Toro's early film "Cronos" (1993) was about an ancient golden beetle that sank its claws into the flesh of its victims and injected an immortality serum. His "Mimic" (1997) was about a designer insect, half-mantis, half-termite, that escapes into the subway system and mutates into a very big bug. Characters would stick their hands into dark places and I would slide down in my seat. His "Devil's Backbone" (2001), set in an orphanage at the time of the Spanish Civil War, is a ghost story, not a horror picture, but does have a body floating in a tank.

Still in his 30s, the Mexican-born director doesn't depend on computers to get him through a movie and impress the kids with fancy fight scenes. He brings his creepy phobias along with him. You can sense the difference between a movie that's a technical exercise ("Resident Evil") and one steamed in the dread cauldrons of the filmmaker's imagination.

[This message has been edited by shawn (edited 03-23-2002).]

Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Eh...

This has been pushed back to June or July here in Australia. Oh, you don't care? Well, fuck you, Charlie!
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Now that I've seen it, I will only contribute two comments.

1. BLADE II justifies each and every comment I made about QUEEN OF THE DAMNED and RESIDENT EVIL combined.

2. Guillermo del Toro is the single greatest director working in our beloved genre today.

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
violentm

Post by violentm »

Haven't seen it yet, but I hope it's worth while. With all this hype it better be! I've never seen a Del Toro film so I don't know what to expect.

I guess either way its gotta be better then the original.

I'll post my thoughts when I've seen the film.... keep the comments a flowin'
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
[/i] [b] -- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie [/color] [/b]
shawn

Post by shawn »

violentm,
If it isn't worth your while I'll fucking send you the cost of your ticket. Its that good dude. The last movie I saw in the theatre that was this good was ALIENS. And Blade 2 tops that one...

bruce h

Post by bruce h »

My girlfriend and I caught up with it Saturday night (after our Friday night attempt was thrwarted by a two sold-out showings, forcing us into ICE AGE), and BLADE 2 rocked out loud. Tons of fights and violence, with some badass creatures - just be sure to check your brain at the door. Donnie Yen's fight choreography was fantastic (sans the pointless CGI scene in front of the lights), and as usual it's always a blast to see my favorite HK actor on the big screen. I'm also very happy that the makers of the BLADE series have stumbled upon the centuries-old, seldom-known fact that ALL vampires know martial arts. More thoughts later.
----------------------
[b][SIZE="3"][url=http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/]Cinema Arcana[/url][/SIZE][/b]
[i]Knee-Deep in Cinemuck![/i]
Rich

Post by Rich »

Fuck Shawn, now I have to go check it out, I mean you've posted on here so many times about how good it is and I wasn't going to bother but I'm going to give it a shot, why the fuck not. Never heard of this Del Torro guy, he made Cronos which I never saw and Mimic which I didn't like but I haven't seen The Devil's Backbone.

------------------
"Some people don't have a lot to eat, but they got a lot forks and knives, gotta cut something." -Bob Dylan
Scott

Post by Scott »

This is a rare instance where the sequel actually tops the original IMHO. Lots of gore, great performances (Ron Perlman is great). Del Toro handles this one very well and I'm eager to hear that he and Snipes have signed on for Blade 3.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Everything's already been pretty much said so I'll leep it short and sweet:

This is an awesome movie and everyone who is onto horror or action simply MUST get out and see it!

------------------

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com.
violentm

Post by violentm »

Well Shawn, you can keep your money! This film was fucking awesome! I'm gonna see this again before it leaves theatres! Everything about it was fucking cool! I haven't seen a cooler film than this in theatres in years!

Apparently Del Toro is directing Hellboy another comic book adaptation. I’m definitely looking forward to this.
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I read on AICN yesterday that Del Toro is looking into adapting Lovecraft's At The Mountains of Madness for screen.

Would definitely like to see that.

Still haven't seen Blade 2 yet...
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Rich

Post by Rich »

It was a great film, more martial arts and sword fighting than anything else, non stop action throughout and Wesley Snipes has actually found a role he's good in. One question, where is the fucking gore eh!!?? Lots of "fake" CGI gore but where is the fucking gore!!??

------------------
"Some people don't have a lot to eat, but they got a lot forks and knives, gotta cut something." -Bob Dylan
violentm

Post by violentm »

I thought the CG gore was fantastic. Gore is gore whether its CG or not. It just needs to be done right, and Blade II did it right indeed....
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Saw it again today and enjoyed it just as much as the first time Image
FOG

Post by FOG »

Saw it today.

Sorry, but IMHO, Blade 2 = lame.

I did not care about one thing that happened in this movie... None of it sparked any interest. I just sat there waiting for it to end..

I did like the "love" scenes though. Those were hilariously stupid. The rest of the movie was stupid, and I normally like stupid movies, but... something was just not right. Too hip for me Maybe.. haha even though the last time I checked, Nine Inch Nails fashion wasnt even close to hip..

Oh well whatever... Just didnt appeal to me..
Let's ask him, what's the deal?
Rich

Post by Rich »

No CGI gore is fantastic, its a real bitch having an opinion ain't it though? I still loved Blade 2, I loved the fact he didn't lose his sunglasses while fighting, one mean mutha!
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

Just saw BLADE 2...it rocked!

Thin on story,heavy on action. It would've been nice to see Donnie Yen given a bit more to do,but it's a start-(along with Highlander:Endgame). I liked the mutated vampire strain called "Reapers". My favorite line in the movie:

Snipes- "You're human"

Human-"...almost,I'm a lawyer"
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Let me echo the general sentiment of the rest of you guys. The movie totally kicked ass. I usually hate just about everything that comes out these days, but this movie was a shining beacon of hope, man, I loved it.

And is Ron Perlman the most underrated actor ever? I've never seen him turn in a bad performance, no matter what he's doing.

------------------
""E" stands for energy, yo that's me,
I'm a brilliant scientist and a dope MC.
Before you step to me I'd think twice G,
I'm the Lord of Chaos, King of Entropy."
-Stephen "MC" Hawking
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]