Donnie Darko

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Muncher666

Donnie Darko

Post by Muncher666 »

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought here was good as any, as it does have horror elements to it.

Donnie Darko is the Fight Club of 2002(1?). It's clever, quite messed up and all round great fun. In retrospect it's probably not as dark as Fight Club, but it's easily just as good. The story revolves around a guy who after having a plane engine goes through his room, he starts having hallucinations about a man in a fucked up rabbit suit, who tells him to go out and cause mass destruction.

Now, despite that great introduction, you've got a complex plot that goes round in circles with a great twist end. Probably one of the best films to come out in years. You lot've probably already seen this one, but I felt the need to sing my praises. :)

Allan.
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
Sinn

Post by Sinn »

Donnie Darko was one of the best movies I've seen this year... it kicked fucking ass!
[size=100][font=Comic Sans MS][color=purple]You're So Predictable No Shadow Of Doubt
When You Are Suffering Know Who Sold You Out
Fuck Your Opinions
Fuck Your Lack Of Spine
When You Are Miserable
Know That I'm Just Fine
[/size][/font][/color]
Nocturnaloner

Post by Nocturnaloner »

Great movie. Unlike anything I've seen. Not perfect, but any flick that manages to be so original AND entertaining is worth a recommendation. Great dvd, too.