Grindhouse

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Don't really have anything to add with what has already been said except that I loved the movie as well. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. "Planet Terror" was definitely the better of the two, but "Death Proof" did have it's moments. I'm a bit miffed that this movie didn't do much better at the box office, but then again it was most likely made for fans of the genre. This is certainly something that would play better in a movie theater to faithfully recreate the original experience. I planned to go see it again but it has already left town. Oh well, at least I can see it when it comes out on DVD.

BTW, the showing I went do didn't have the trailer for Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN remake attached to it. Hopefully I'll come across it one of these days.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Blasphemous_Cacophony

Post by Blasphemous_Cacophony »

Darth Tanner wrote: BTW, the showing I went do didn't have the trailer for Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN remake attached to it. Hopefully I'll come across it one of these days.
Halloween Trailer
[b][color="Silver"]MEDIOCRITY IN 2008!![/color][/b]