Stardust

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

AchimbaProphet

Stardust

Post by AchimbaProphet »

A phenomenal movie.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

AchimbaProphet wrote:A phenomenal movie.
Tell me more?
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

I went in with no expectations or preconceived notions about this movie. I had not heard anything about the movie before. The previews that I saw on TV looked interesting. I noted that one of the characters was played by the main character from The Office, Ricky Gervais. I liked him as David Brent. That is what caught my eye initially.

I noticed that other members of the cast included Ian McKellen, Peter O'Toole, Robert De Niro, Sienna Miller, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Claire Danes. Not bad at all. Oh, and it is a fantastical fantasy adventure.

I then saw that it was based on a novel by Neil Gaiman. That gentleman can spin a yarn. I know him exclusively through Sandman but that is enough to know in order to understand that he is a talented and inventive storyteller.

Oh, I must go see this I thought to myself. I did.

Wow. I liked this better than Narnia, Lord of the Rings, or any other fantasy adventure movie that I have seen in recent years. The story was excellent. The characters were inspiring, believable, likable (or hateable) and well developed. The cinematography was excellent. The sets were fantastic and the locations were awe inspiring. There was great use of humor throughout. There really is no down side to this movie in my opinion. I am sure that somewhere I can point out a flaw or a line that fell flat or something. But why would I bother to make an effort to do that, and for me it would take an effort to do such a thing. It is much better for me to stand by my belief that what I witnessed was a majestic movie about a fantastic adventure. It was entertaining and left me moved afterwards. I wandered around town invigorated by a new found sense of well being. It was in my estimation, as imperfect as it is, that this was a phenomenal movie.

If anyone has any interest whatsoever in fantasy movies then make it a goal to watch this at some point in your lifetime.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill