The Runaways

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

LIVE FO RETSINIM

The Runaways

Post by LIVE FO RETSINIM »

Ok, so we have all had a boner for Dakota Fanning since she was like 8 right? Well brother, you should see her now!! She is a tight ass little 16 year old and playing in some dumb movie about some dumb chick band I have never heard of. Who cares! You want to see a spoogtastic underager, this is the movie! Not even sure if it is out yet, but I saw her on some talk show the other night and thought I would write a review anyway. I give this movie 2 thumbs up the butt.
[b]R.I.P. Chelsie[/b]

[b]JJGC [/b] [SIZE="6"]4[/SIZE] [b]LIFE[/b]

Hard work never killed nobody, but I ain't taking no chances.

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/vulgarizer]
[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/jankins13/H-N.jpg[/img][/URL]

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/analjudicator]
[img]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_5cca553825c945b796eb9cfb39a0e4dd.jpg[/img][/URL]
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Dude, what planet are you from? :)

THE RUNAWAYS is an upcoming movie based on the 1970's band of the same name which Joan Jett was a member of. It is supposed to receive a wide release on April 9. I'm actually interested in seeing it just to see how well the cast works out and because I like Joan Jett. Dakota Fanning is actually playing singer Cherie Curie and Scout-Taylor Compton is portraying Lita Ford. It will certainly be a big change from the child roles Fanning played not even a decade ago. The main role of Joan Jett is being handled by Kristen Stewart. Most people probably know I'm not a big fan of the TWILIGHT series and part of it had to do with Stewart's horrid performance in the first movie (I never saw NEW MOON), but I recently saw her in ADVENTURELAND and thought she was good in that so I'm looking forward to seeing her in this. I only hope she does Joan Jett justice.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
CoCoButt™

Post by CoCoButt™ »

LIVE FO RETSINIM wrote:Ok, so we have all had a boner for Dakota Fanning since she was like 8 right? Well brother, you should see her now!! She is a tight ass little 16 year old and playing in some dumb movie about some dumb chick band I have never heard of. Who cares! You want to see a spoogtastic underager, this is the movie! Not even sure if it is out yet, but I saw her on some talk show the other night and thought I would write a review anyway. I give this movie 2 thumbs up the butt.
haha its out now.
[font="Trebuchet MS"][color="Red"]YAY! For Violent Sex! [/color][/font]
[color="Magenta"][font="Comic Sans MS"]"I Just Get In The Van..."[/font][/color]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="Lime"]"Secrets Make Best Friends."[/color][/font]
[color="Cyan"][font="Comic Sans MS"]"oh. and i also like makeup sex..." [/font][/color]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="Yellow"]"You'll learn to love the pain you feel. "[/color][/font]
[color="Orange"] [font="Comic Sans MS"]"Just Shut Your Eyes, And Trust In Me."[/color]
[color="Purple"]"I think that's hot, like someone murdering me... its so... ..intimate"[/color][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="White"]"I want to be your fantasy baby, you could be mine."[/color][/font]
:cheers: Chee-ahs!
Darth Tanner

Re: The Runaways

Post by Darth Tanner »

Finally caught up to this one yesterday via rental. This one would up only getting a limited release and didn't even open up near me. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but THE RUNAWAYS really isn't too bad of a movie. The believable performances are really what make this one worth seeing. Kristen Stewart was nearly perfect in her portrayal of Joan Jett and made me want to take back the bad things I said about her in TWILIGHT. Scout-Taylor Comption is also good in an otherwise limited role as Lita Ford. But the real surprise here is Dakota Fanning's performance as lead singer Cherie Curie. I was very skeptical at first, but Fanning really does a great job and puts in a very adult perfromance that is miles away from her early roles. Hopefully this will lead to even better things for her. Honorable mention should also go to Michael Shannon who is great as their sleazy manager. Also look quick for Robert Romanus (from FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH) as a guitar teacher near the beginning.

This movie probably won't be for everybody (which may explain why it got a limited release), but I'm glad I finally got to see it. I say it is definitely worth checking out as a rental.