Inception

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Evil Red

Inception

Post by Evil Red »

I finally went and saw this last night and it's 3 hours were smart, creative and beautiful with lots of scenes that were just beautiful to look at. I've stayed away from any reviews, but the headlines of 'what the fuck? that seem to be trailing this one... well, they must be for stupid people as usual. I didn't have any problem following the many layers that this movie switches back and forth from, but I could tell the couple that walked out half way through obviously did. ;)

Great movie.
I made the Devil do it.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Really, really good film. I agree on the fact that I found everything easy to understand. The people who get confused must be stupid or drunk/stoned.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Without a doubt, the very best film I've seen this year to date. More later.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Man I really want to see this one since I've been hearing nothing but positive things about it, but I dread having to sit through a 3-hour movie. Besides I still have a few other movies to catch up on first. Hopefully I'll get to see it soon.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Darth Tanner wrote:Man I really want to see this one since I've been hearing nothing but positive things about it, but I dread having to sit through a 3-hour movie. Besides I still have a few other movies to catch up on first. Hopefully I'll get to see it soon.
The 3 hours flew by for me, I didn't look at my watch once :)
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Chris Slack wrote:The 3 hours flew by for me, I didn't look at my watch once :)
Same here.
I made the Devil do it.
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Finally caught up with this one and agree with everyone that this is an awesome movie. This is without a doubt the best movie I've seen so far this year. It would be hard to describe this movie in words so I won't bother. Just go check it out for yourselves. The acting, story and visuals in this movie were all top-notch. I definitely plan to check it out again at some point after I catch some of the other movies. Christopher Nolan has proven himself to be a talented director (although I didn't care for his earlier film INSOMNIA) and I can't wait to see what he does next.

One thing though....the movie isn't really 3 hours long but 2 hours and 20 minutes. Still it is a brisk 140 minutes that doesn't falter one bit IMO.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]